Meet Your Team
Role: Midwife of Spirit of Life Traditional Midwifery
Spirit of Life Midwifery, we believe...
Childbirth is a normal, healthy process. The role of the midwife is to support and promote this normal process, while recognizing and dealing with any deviations from normal. Confidence in this normal process is promoted in all aspects of care.
Women have the right to seek care that is medically safe, fits their lifestyle and recognizes and respects their individual physical, social, psychological and economic needs.
Women and families have the right and responsibility to assume an active role in their own health care. A team provides midwifery care with the client as an equal team member.
Because the family is the cornerstone of our social structure, maternity care must support and promote family unity and development. Family members, including siblings, should be involved in the childbearing experience to whatever extent the family desires. “Family” is defined by the client.
Education is an essential part of quality health care. With knowledge freely exchanged between midwife and client, women and their families are able to assume shared responsibility for and make informed choices about their health care.
Spirit of Life Midwifery, Our Philosophy...
We believe that being pregnant and giving birth are normal, natural, healthy events in a woman’s life…a time of tremendous growth and discovery.
The word Midwife means “with woman”.…
- As a midwife, we share with you the knowledge, wisdom and understanding of birth…identifying interferences and variances to this process. Supporting women and families during the childbearing years to facilitate and nurture as guide and guardian of this natural process.
- We actively promote parent participation in health-care decisions by offering information and education to women and families throughout their prenatal care, labor, birth and early parenting.
- We use an individualized approach to care based on the concept of informed choice, empowering women to confidently make the decisions that are right for them.
- We support the right of parents to choose where, how and with whom they wish to give birth.
We support the wisdom that women intuitively know how to give birth and babies know how to be born. Women need to be supported and reassured of their knowing.
Giving birth is a powerful, magical time in a woman’s life. A creative life affirming and life-giving experience that finds expression in diverse ways- ways that are right for that woman and baby. It is a time of great transformation when you are growing and maturing not only in your body, but also in your heart and mind.
- I honor childbirth as a rite of passage, a celebration of life!
- I look forward to sharing this time with you and your family!